Sunday, September 13, 2009

A New Chapter in the Journey Begins


This week I begin a new chapter in my weight loss journey. I will have lapband surgery on Wednesday morning at CDH. I have been overweight ever since I was a kid. Growing up in foster care and moving around as much as I did; I sought solace in food. I used it to fill the emptiness I felt inside. I have tried many times to loose weight on my own. Sometimes I succeeded and sometimes I didn't. I first started thinking about weight loss surgery about nine years ago. Lap band was still in its infancy and gastric bypass was more common but also had more complications. Because there were more complications as well as having more recovery time and I didn't have insurance; I did not have the surgery. In 2004, my doctor again brought up the subject of surgery. I don't think I was ready. The idea of having the surgery scared me too much. As I have continued to work through issues in the 4 1/2 years, I decided last summer that I was ready to have lap band surgery. I was blessed enough to have insurance that would pay for it. I hope to use this blog to document this chapter of my weight loss journey. I would appreciate your continue prayers as I begin this new chapter.

4 comments:

  1. Great first blog post Clare! Be assured I am praying for you this week. Looking forward to your updates! His PEACE to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby! :) We'll be praying for you this week. Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you, Clare! We will be checking in daily =) and praying.

    Love to you,

    the Kutnows

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete