Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Surgery is set for tomorrow

I will arrive at CDH at 7:30 a.m. and my surgery is set for 9:30 a.m. The surgeon will do the hiatal hernia repair first and then do the lap band surgery. A hiatal hernia is when part of the stomach pushes through this opening at base of esophagus. After the hiatal hernia surgery is complete, the surgeon will then do the lap band surgery. The total time in surgery will be about a hour. I will then be in recovery for two hours. I will at some point have to have a barium cocktail and have an endoscopy to check that everything is in the place that they are supposed to be and that the opening that was created by the surgery. I will spend the night because I have sleep apnea and they want to observe me overnight. Pray for a good night's sleep tonight and that I wake up for my ride that is supposed to arrive at 7:15 a.m.

2 comments:

  1. UPDATE: Clare's surgery went well and she is spending the night @ CDH. The only concern is that her blood pressure is a bit high so she asks for prayers that it would go down. Pray also for relief from the pain and discomfort and that there would be no complications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for you, Clare. We will continue to hold you in prayer. Good for you, Clare, for taking this leap of faith in the Lord. May you know His comfort, rest and strength--and peace.

    Love to you,

    Laura Chelsen

    ReplyDelete