Sunday, October 11, 2009

I am the Lord's servant

Yesterday, my church at a one day women's retreat at Loretto Convent in Wheaton. The theme of the retreat was Self Examination: Bring My Whole Self Before God. Most of the time was a silent before the Lord. It was sweet time with the Lord. On the grounds of the Convent, there was a labyrinth. A labyrinth is typically a maze (as in a garden) formed by paths separated by high hedges. This labyrinth did not have hedges but was a maze formed by mowing the lawn. As you know I have been walking almost everyday. In order to raise my heart rate up, I have been briskly walking so I started walking briskly in the labyrinth, but the Lord told me to slow down. It was more than slowing down in the moment, He was asking me to slow down in my life. Each turn I looked up and saw a statue of the Virgin Mary. I looked at Mary and asked the Lord to help me be more like Mary. It is so easy to get so busy in our lives that other things gt in the way of spending time with the Lord in our day to day life. Lord help me to make you the most important person in my life. During this walk, I also felt like the Lord telling me to wait on Him. The Lord has sent me on the journey of transformation after lap band surgery and I will see body will change over the next year as well. I also hope that I my body esteem will become more positive as I learn to eat right and take care of my body. I am so grateful for the way that the Lord has brought me through this surgery and the support I have received from family and friends. I am very excited about these changes, but I am also a little bit fearful about how I will handle these changes will effect me emotionally. Please pray that the Lord will protect my heart and give me wisdom in relating. Help me to wait patiently and give my the courage to obey what you ask of me.

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her. Luke 1:38

No comments:

Post a Comment