Friday, October 23, 2009

More than a gallon and a half of milk

Did you know a gallon of milk weighs 8.6 pounds? Today, I went to see my lung doctor because of my sleep apnea. Every time I go, the nurse weighs me. The doctor wanted to see me 6 weeks after my lap band surgery which is next Wednesday. Can you believe it? Well when the nurse weighed me, she said I had lost 14 pounds. I was so psyched when she told me that. That's an average of 2 pounds per week. I am right on target with what my bariatric surgeon wants and I don't see him till Tuesday Morning. Maybe, I will loose another 1/2 to 1 pound by them. I am sorry it's been almost two weeks. I am not the box office coordinator for a new community theater company in Dupage County call the Bird and Baby Theater. Right now we are putting on Hart's and Moss' You Can't Take It With You. It is a play about the Sycamore Family set in 1930's New York City about living the American dream. It's very funny. That is keeping me busy in addition to working and church activities. With all this moving around plus my daily walk (I am always looking for walking buddies--hint, hint)I am sure the pounds will continue to come off. Continue to pray for me in regard to my eating habits. I will move from pureed food to regular food on Wednesday next week. I am still having trouble getting used to how much less I can eat before I throw up a little. It is getting better but I think it's an area that I still need work in. Thanks for all your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment