Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Sucessful Moment

Today, I went to see my pulmonologist to check on my CPAP usage (nighttime breathing machine) and as routine the nurse weighed me. I found that I have lost more weight and have a net weight loss of 38 pounds. I am so excited about this. Although it has been hard in someways in the past month, I have continue to make positive changes in my life. I have walking buddies for 3 days a week and I go to the Wheaton Park District to use there indoor track. I am up to 1 mile a day with some days doing a mile and a half. You may remember that in December I had a little set back and gained 6 pounds. I have since been taking my measurements on different parts of my body: legs, arms, hips, waist, ect. Since last months weigh in I have lost a total of 5 and 1/2 inches in total in those areas. It is possible that the weight I gained was muscle. I will continue to take my measurements right around the time I see my doctor. Thank you for your continued prayers. There are working! Keep 'em coming! You can add one more prayer request and that is I have been having trouble keeping food down periodically. I haven't been able to pinpoint what it is. I do know there are some foods I can not tolerate any more like broccoli. That's a really bummer. I like broccoli. Thanks again. It's a blessing and an encouragement to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment