Monday, November 15, 2010

Doctors Visits Garnish Challenges and Praises

In the past month, I have seen five different doctors to deal with multiple infections including cellulitus which left me on crutches for a week with periodic rides in a wheelchair at the airport and the Columbus Zoo. After being on crutches for a week, I threw my back out of allignment and couldn't bear weight on my left foot. My orthopeadic found a nodule which turned out to be inflamation/infection of the fatty tissue. Who woulda thought that fat could get infected. When the MRI was taken of that area, the MRI found a cyst on my right ovary. It turned out to be a follicular cyst and the gynecologist said my body would take care of it. My back pain was at a height even for me who has a high tolorance for pain. My regular orthopaedic referred me to another ortho at the hospital so I could make use of my financial assistance there. Again, this doctor saw something that was a concern. I bruise very easily and he wanted to get some blood tests to see if I had a clotting disorder. If we didn't get the tests and it turned out I did have a clotting disorder there was a 1 and 1000 chance that I would become paralysed from the waist down. So of course I told him to do the blood tests. Thank goodness it was negative. In the last two months, it seems like I have had some sort of infection that required antibiotics or that I needed to go to a different doctor to look at something that was found in a lab or test.I was finally able to get the clear from my chiropractor to go back to working out which is a praise. I rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes. He said to ease back into it. Also another praise, my primary care physician is cutting my 10 Mg of Lisinopril to 5 mg. I have also lost 3.5 more pounds since my last appointment 6 weeks ago for a total of 143 since right before my surgery. Please pray for continued improvement with blood pressure, talking to my psychiatrist about weaning me off the medications he prescribes, as well as the ability to get back to a reqular routine of working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment